We are a professional dedicated team who offer a wide range of legal services to individuals and businesses.
Rainer Hughes has successfully acted for claimant and defendant companies and individuals in obtaining landmark judgements in the areas of Excise/VAT, Commercial and Criminal Litigation. These cases have been initiated and defended in the lower Criminal & Civil Courts, Queens Bench & Chancery Division of the High Court, and the Court of Appeal for both civil and criminal matters.
Our pro-active stance from the outset has led to a string of high-profile success.
But we are not only a practice specialising in all aspects of civil and criminal litigation, we also offer a wide range of services to individuals and families.
As badges of excellence we hold LEXCEL and CQS accreditations these are only awarded to practices which display legal excellence and meet vigorously high standards in the work they carry out on behalf of their clients and involve ongoing external assessment and staff meeting the required continuing professional development levels.
As a conveyancing quality standard (CQS Practice) we offer an expert service in the following areas:
- The sale, purchase and mortgage of residential properties
- The purchase and mortgage of buy to let properties
- Government Help to Buy schemes
- Land Registry applications of all kinds, including adverse possession, the registration of rights of way, and other types of easement
- Transferring property between spouses and families
- Advice on resolving boundary and similar property matters
OUR WILLS, TRUSTS AND PROBATE DEPARTMENT SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Wills of whatever simplicity or complexity
- Lawful Powers of Attorney, covering mental health and financial affairs
- Probate and the Administration of Estates and preparing the necessary documentation for Trusts of all types.
- Advice on how best to structure the bequests and arrangements for your estate in your Will, and during your lifetime in order to save inheritance tax.
OUR MATRIMONIAL DEPARTMENT OFFERS ADVICE ON ALL TYPES OF FAMILY MATTER FROM CONSULTATION ON MEDIATION TO INITIATING AND OBTAINING DECREEES OF DIVORCE WITH THE LEAST ACRIMONY.
It also has rights of representation in the Higher Courts to apply for and obtain injunctions and orders in relation to domestic abuse, arrangements for children and access to them.
THE GROWTH OF THE PRACTICE OVER THE YEARS HAS BEEN ORGANIC AND, FROM WHAT WAS ONCE, A SMALL HIGH STREET PRACTICE IT HAS BECOME FORMIDABLE, HIGHLY COMPETENT AND MULTI-FACETED WITH THE ABILITY TO ACCEPT AND UNDERTAKE WORK OF ALL KINDS