“I had faith in Karen from the very beginning. Her professionalism and compassion made me at ease and left me stress-free. I would have no hesitation in recommending Karen to anyone, she is an absolute star. Thank you so much Karen”
- Mrs H, client
Karen joined Rainer Hughes in September 2019 and is a Partner in the firm. She is responsible for the Family Law department, a field that she has specialised in since she qualified as a Solicitor in 2011. Karen attended the University of Southampton before attending the College of Law in London to complete her LPC, which she passed with distinction. She has also obtained her Higher Rights of Audience (CIVIL) allowing her to represent clients in all levels of courts. She is an accredited member of the Law Society’s Family Law Panel as well as being a full member of Resolution.
Karen is an easily approachable person who is understanding and sympathetic to the needs of her clients and is experienced in assisting them through what can be a difficult time. She undertakes all aspects of Family Law matters and enjoys the diversity of dealing with a wide range of clients who require advice and assistance with Divorce, Financial Remedy, Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements, Separation Agreements, Cohabitation Agreements, TLATA Applications, Domestic Violence, Children matters. She has a wealth of experience in dealing with emergency applications.
- Recently acted for a client who was reduced to an emotional wreck after having endured years of harassment form her ex-partner. The client came to Rainer Hughes for advice and support. We were able to act swiftly and successfully achieved a non-molestation order against the respondent. We were also able to successfully retrieve costs on behalf of the client.
- Acted for a woman who was a victim of domestic abuse. Following a violent attack where she was beaten by her husband, which was also witnessed by their very young child who was then taken. We were able to take immediate action and issued an emergency application to the court the same time. The child was returned to mother with protective orders in place. The result could have been very difficult if immediate urgent action was not taken.
- Acted for a father whose child was in the primary care of the mother. There were several safeguarding concerns which parties were unable to resolve between themselves. A s.8 application was issued. A rare judgement was reached, where Rainer Hughes successfully achieved a transfer of residence from the mother to the father.
- Acted for a client who separated from her husband years previously. At the time finances were not dealt with. Until she came to us, she was not aware that she was able to make a claim for a financial settlement as a result of the marriage as she thought that she had left it too late. We were able to obtain an order by agreement which has provided for her for the rest of her life.
- Acting for a father whose child was in the care of the mother. After safeguarding concerns, we advised the father to make an application to the court. A unique judgement was reached, where Rainer Hughes successfully achieved a transfer of residence from the mother to the father.
- Successfully achieved a non-molestation order against a respondent, after many years of failed police action. Rainer Hughes successfully retrieved costs on behalf of the client.
Karen and her team offer a 24/7 service as we appreciate the importance of Family Matters being dealt with promptly and sympathetically.
Karen Nicholson is a fantastic solicitor; she has made me feel at ease with my court case. Nothing was too much trouble for her, all my questions were answered without a problem and I had faith in her from the start. I would have no hesitation in recommending Karen to anyone, what an absolute star. Thank you so much Karen.
Karen and her team supported me during a time when I was threatened with the loss of my child. She explained to me legal procedures and gave me clear advice on what I should do. I will never forget what she did for me and my family, she is an absolute credit to Rainer Hughes and the profession that she represents.
The Rainer Hughes Family Law team acted on my divorce. I came to them after a bad experience with another Solicitor. I was introduced to Karen and her team who explained to me all the options that I could consider. They fought for me tirelessly reacting to every situation in a positive and reinforced my belief in the system. Our assets have since been divided and we have moved on with our lives. Thank you for making my life bearable again.